So when I get home from a long day of work sometimes my mind is still racing thinking about my work day or just pondering my life plan. I do a few things to help myself relax and these tips just may help you as well. Enjoy!
1. Enjoy the silence. No TV, no phone, no computer, no nada. Just sit on the couch for 20 minutes. Have some time for yourself, sit back and relax. Think about things that happened that was positive that day. Think about any exciting things coming up ahead. The reason why I enjoy planning things in advance is so that I always have something to look forward to so if I'm looking forward to going back home or on an exciting vacation I sit and think about that.
2. Make some tea. I don't know what it is about tea but it immediately calms me. It helps me to feel really relaxed. My grandparents enjoy drinking decaf coffee in the evening, I'm more of a coffee in the morning, tea at night kind of girl. Fun fact: drinking ginger tea after a meal helps you digest your food better.
3. Work out! Working out helps clear your mind. You are so focused on what you are doing sometimes you forget what is happening around you. It gets your energy pumping and allows you to feel good (when it's all over). It's a great way to put in some tough work and to see a reward in the end. Anytime I begin a new work out regiment I like taking before photos and progress photos so I can see the success I'm making. Being a witness to your own success is a great motivator for you to continue working hard.
4. Update your vision board or write in your journal at night. I talked about vision boards on here before, click here. Oh, I LOVE vision boards. Not only do they allow you to put your hopes and dreams in perspective but it's a great thing for you to see daily to remind you to stay focused. I started a new vision board just recently and believe it or not some things on it have already come true.
5. Go to bed early. I say this but I actually never do it haha. We all know that getting extra sleep or as much sleep as possible is important to maintain a healthier life. It's great for your body and mind and it will give you that extra energy boost to get through the very next day.
6. The power of prayer! Everyone is different so some may not agree but I personally believe in the power of prayer. I also enjoy reading books like Joel Osteen's Everyday A Friday to keep me in a positive mindset. The title comes from research that shows people are happiest on Fridays. Pastor Joel Osteen writes how we can generate this level of contentment and joy every day of the week. If you are looking for a great new book to read, I highly suggest it.
What are some of the things that you do to stay positive, maintain high energy, and stay happy? comment below.