In the winter my hair can get dry. I decided to pick up SheaMoisture's Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir to prepare my hair for the colder weather. This intensely moisturizing and penetrating all-natural oil treatment repairs and strengthens hair. It helps with dry and/or damaged hair and helps to control frizz while adding brilliant shine. I've been using this product for about three weeks now and so far I love it. I think most people fear that using an oil in your hair will cause it to be greasy/oily. I am happy to report that this light oil does not leave a greasy oily residue on your hair or hands. My hair looks vibrant and healthy and full of life. I love to use this oil to massage on my scalp and I'm excited to use it in the future as a hot oil treatment for conditioning. This product does have a soft scent but I think that it smells really nice. See below for my complete breakdown of this product.
How To Use It:
I apply it on my hair about every other day but depending on your hair you should do what's best for you. I like to spray two pumps of it in the palm of my hand and then I massage it on my scalp and then focus on my ends. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and frizz free!
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir:
- Made with natural and certified organic ingredients
- Great for all hair types especially thick hair
- May be used with a plastic cap and moderate heat
- May also be used as a leave-in hair treatment
- Sea Kelp provides mineral-rich nutrition which seals and smoothes the hair cuticle
- Argan Oil restores shine while helping promote hair elasticity
- Shea Butter deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp
- Provides shine, reduces the appearance of frizz
- Affordable, 4 fl oz is $10 at Target, available at most drug stores
- I honestly didn't find anything negative about this product. Overall it suits well with my needs.
Final thoughts: I love this product and I'm happy that I decided to try it out. If you have dry scalp or suffer from dry hair in the winter, you may want to consider using this. If you have an oily scalp or a lot of oil build up then this may not be the best product for you.
Do you have a favorite Shea Moisture product? Comment below.