My friend Jamila always to seems to find the best bargains and deals when it comes to shopping, she is a savings Queen! Typically she uses savvy apps to nab deals on clothing, food items, furniture and more. Here are just a few of my favorite ways to save money shopping. I hope that you find these tips helpful. 1. Retail Me Not
Retail Me Not is one of my favorite shopping apps. You can search your favorite stores for fantastic savings. Spend less, shop more is the motto of this company. You'll be asked to enable deals near your location. You will get the option to view coupons online or in store, and you can save and even share these deals with friends and family! This app even sends you alerts when a great deal comes up in your area, and gives you information on the rules and restrictions that go along with them. I often use it when I am shopping at H&M. I got a great deal on a blazer, 50% off because I knew about the coupon and showed it to the cashier.
Wrapp is the gift that keeps on giving! Not only do you save big but your friends do as well. One day to my surprise Jamila sent me an email through the application. Wrapp provided me with a $6 dollar coupon to use at my favorite store, H&M! Wrapp uses your location to find deals in your area. Top brands include H&M, Sephora, Timberland, SpaFinder and more! Select the brands to find deals you can use and also gift deals to your friends as well. The site also sends Birthday reminders and you can send your friends special deals.
Cartwheel puts a spin on shopping! This app designed by Target offers amazing savings in various areas of the store. Select "browse" and scan through categories such as entertainment, furniture, grocery, home and more to find discounts that range from 5% to 50% off! Select all of your deals and when you are done, click "my cartwheel" to reveal your coupon code. Show the cashier the barcode to scan and all of the coupons you selected will apply to the goods you purchased. How cool is that? You can even earn more savings by gaining badges.
Happy Shopping! How do you save money shopping? Comment below.
I kicked off January 2013 with a vision board for the entire year and I can't wait to create another one this year. A vision board is very easy and inexpensive to make. It consists of words, images, even symbols that represent what you vision for yourself for the year or in the future. They say seeing is believing and seeing your goals and dreams will help set your mind into believing these things can happen or at least motivate you. Some people use a poster board and some use a journal but whatever you decide is up to you. What's amazing about a vision board is that you can use creative freedom to make it just how you like it. How did my vision board work out for me last year? Here are just a few notes: 1. I placed an image of New Orleans hoping that I would make it there and 8 months later I ended up going, and had a great time with friends (click here).
2. I put a birthday cake and happy birthday on the board to represent my Birthday that would occur that April. Oddly enough, I also placed an airplane near the cake, even though I really had no intention of traveling on my birthday. I always had this plan of this amazing sit down dinner with friends. Then about three months after I made my board, a friend randomly suggested that I ditch the dinner idea and travel to Las Vegas. Vegas? I wasn't up for that idea at all. Later that week something clicked and I felt the sudden urge to go and we did! We had a blast (click here). When I returned it wasn't until a few weeks later that I noticed the little airplane that I glued next to my birthday cake. Wow, I ended up flying somewhere to celebrate. Funny how things work out.
3. One of my best friends, Nikki, was working in Chicago with dreams of traveling back to New York. Nikki loves working in Film, especially handling events! I glued a photo of her surrounded by bright lights and the words "Events at your fingertips," in the hopes that she would come back to New York within the year and land her dream job. Sure enough, Nikki is back and working for a great company in the city with film clients and events at her finger tips. 4. I had this big idea to celebrate NYE in Brazil this year. Clearly, that didn't happen but ... I bring it up because my two friends and their significant others were supposed to also come along for the ride. To symbolize this group vacation, I cut out photos of both couples along with a suitcase next to each (to symbolize luggage) and put them side by side on the board. None of us ended up in Brazil but something else very interesting occurred. Both couples moved, 8 months after I posted the image on my vision board, during the exact same month in August. One couple sold their home in Boston and moved all the way across country to California. The other couple got an apartment together and moved from Brooklyn to New Jersey. What are the odds that both couples would be moving? the exact same month during the same year? Maybe it's a coincidence but it was on my vision board. I should also mention, neither couple has ever met each other before.
5. I've always dreamed of covering the Grammy Awards for my job. So, I cut out a picture of a Grammy Award along with a red carpet. For some odd reason I put a pair of rain boots right next to this and the words January. The Grammy awards always air in February. Well, this week I found out that I will be traveling to L.A to cover the Grammy Awards hurray! And the award show this year is airing in January. Oh yeah, and the rain boots? The day I found out that I would be going, I received my very last Christmas gift from my mom at my apartment. A pair of Hunter rain boots. I could go on and on but I say all this to show you that sometimes visions are strong! Miracle or motivation, it's wonderful to dream and hope that everything you wanted might just come true. Here are some helpful hints so that you can start your 2014 vision board! 1. Purchase poster board or a journal! You will also need scissors, tape or glue.
2. Grab some magazines from home, a friends home that no longer needs them, or purchase magazines if you are unable to find any. You could always print images from the internet as well.
3. Cut out the words, images, & symbols that you want to represent your 2014. You can put words such as "FUN" "EXCITING" "ADVENTURE" "NEW JOB" "VACATION" "SAVINGS" or even song lyrics. You can add images such as planes, boats, cars, yoga mat, fitness ball, church, college diploma, etc. You can apply symbols such as an elephant to represent your trip to Thailand or flowers to represent a garden that you want to work at. The choices are endless!
4. Feel free to add images of friends and family as well. Hopefully you aren't going through 2014 alone. I actually included the visions of a few friends on my board last year and will do the same this year. It's a nice way to be thinking of them and including them in your dreams.
5. Remember most importantly to have fun! Either hang up your vision board or store it away, but make sure at least once a week you reflect on it. Are you making any of these visions come to life? Have any of your visions happened yet?
What are some of your hopes and visions for yourself in 2014? Personally, I hope to travel to at least 2-3 different locations. Whether it's two hours away or another country. Comment below.
Okay, maybe not with her in the physical form, but how about on your pillow? I was in the search of some fun decor for my apartment for the new year. I've been living in the same place for a while now, and sometimes you get bored, you know? Doing small things such as getting a new comforter, adding a new pillow, changing a new light fixture can change a space. I love fun decorative pillows because they can add such personality to the room, and I stumbled upon this Beyonce inspired pillow cover. How cute is this? This throw pillow cover by Society6.com is available for $20. It's made out of "spun polyester poplin fabric, a stylish statement that will liven up any
room." You'll have to purchase your only pillow insert, and the cover measures 16" x
16," and features a double-sided print.
Society 6 also offers other fun decorative pillow covers, iphone, tablet, and computer covers, wall art, mugs, clothing and more. What's really great about this company is that the products are created by hundreds and thousands of artists from all across the world. So, if you are an artist looking to sell some of your work then definitely check out this site.
The Beyonce "Flawless" pillow cover is my favorite.
Happy New Year! I thought I would begin my New Year with a new blog design. What do you think? Pretty cute! I absolutely love it and I couldn't be happier. I
am very excited to share more with you in 2014. If you have any
questions or comments always feel free to ask and you can now contact me
by selecting the contact tab at the top of the page. I wish you much success in the new year! Thanks for supporting The Bliss List.com.
As we kick off 2014, check out some of my favorite beauty and technology items from last year! What foundation was my absolute favorite? What headphones did I wear all year long? What's my favorite body wash? Find out the answer to these questions and much more in the video below. Are you a subscriber to my Youtube Channel ? Hit subscribe for more videos like this one!
Products mentioned in this video:
Sony - Portable Bluetooth Speaker Beats By Dre Headphones
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Mac Pro Long Concealer - NC 45 Mac Studio Fluid Foundation - NC 45 Monistat Chaffing Gel (Facial Primer Dupe)
Dr Bronners Lavender Soap
Thanks for watching! What was your FAVORITE item from 2013? Comment below.