2012 has brought some awesome products to my attention! I have many that I love but these are probably my most prized discoveries.
1. MAC Face & Body I only like wearing foundation when necessary because I believe you should give your skin a break and in the past I've used some that were a tad too heavy (MUFE HD Foundation) but I discovered Mac Face & Body and absolutely love this. It's VERY sheer! You do not get a lot of coverage so if you have difficult skin then this may not be the product for you. If you want something similar to a tinted moisturizer with a little coverage to balance out your skin tone then you will love this. It's perfect for the Summer or hot weather since you do not want to pack on product in the heat, just add a little concealer on any problems area, add a little bit of translucent powder and then you are good to go.
2. Thierry Mugler Alien This perfume is amazing! I got the set which comes with lotion and shower gel. I love it! Notes: Solar Accord, Jasmine Sambac, Green Notes, Cashmeran, Vanilla, Transparent Amber. You will smell lovely.
3. MAC Iridescent Powder I love the glow Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and J. Lo and many other celebrities have! I wanted a similar effect so I decided to try this powder in golden bronze. I love it! My cheeks pop and it looks great with my complexion. This is perfect for all complexions, a little goes a long way with this product so don't pack it on.
4. Urban Decay Eye Potion This product is very helpful to make sure that your eye make up stays on all day and looking fresh. You don't want to wear a shadow that bleeds or cakes up by the end of the day.
5. Berry Preserve Lip Stain by Covergirl I probably wear this to work every day. One of my favorite lip stains. The color looks great with my skin tone, it stays on all day. I sometimes add lip gloss over it to make it shiny because it sets into your skin and isn't bright or shimmery. It's a simple lip stain that gives your lips a pop of color for the day and its very matte.
6. NYX Milan Lip Color My second favorite lip color to wear! I am in love, the color is perfect for every day. It's not too bold or bright, it's not dull or boring. It's just right! Perfect if you are wearing a dramatic eye and want something low key for the lip.
7. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara If you know me then you know I love mascara. Some people may think I put too much on but I don't care. I like my lashes to have length and to pop! I discovered this mascara and when I first saw the wand I was a little concerned. I'am use to the mascara wand with the big fuzzy bristle at the end to attack that lash! When I saw this tiny little thing I questioned what it would be able to do but its amazing, it gives you a lot more control. It also makes it a lot less easy for your mascara to clump! I also think its great for the bottom lashes which are usually a little tricky to do when you have a fat bristle wand.
Monistat Chaffing Gel - I've talked about this before but this is AMAZING as a face primer! Sounds a little crazy because it's not meant to be a primer but its the same consistency as a lot or primers, it makes your skin soft, your skin looks very smooth after you apply foundation and it keeps your makeup on throughout the day. Thumbs up because most importantly it's CHEAP! Find this at Walgreens, Target and many drug stores.
Would you be interested in trying any of these products?
What are some of your favorites for 2012? Would you like me to post my favorite face cleaning products? Comment below.