5 things you should know right now ....
1. I've been missing in action. I'm sorry. These past few weeks have been insane! Especially with my work load at my job. I just haven't had the time to do many posts. Also, we had another 'Cocktails & Conversation' networking event last night and it was fab! but planning kept me busy too! (pics to come soon)
2. I went to the New York City premiere of 'Why I'd Get Married Too' and the after party at the Bowery, it was great! I loved the movie. It was soooo funny. Have you seen the first one? Some people think Tyler Perry's movies can be over the top dramatic (Madea Goes To Jail, Madea's Family Reunion, etc) but I find the movies enjoyable. No one is saying ... Oscar Winning but a good time with some girls to watch together. (trying to track down some photos from that night and I will post)
3. I still don't have a Birthday venue. Remember in my old post I talked about planning it, click here. Getting close though... checking out a spot on Friday (wish me luck). The party is one month from today. I do know how I want to do my makeup! THIS ( < -- click) inspired me. I love it. It's dramatic and will go perfect with my dress and hair for the night. Want a look just like this one? Check out my friend Kim Porter's makeup tutorial here, and make sure you subscribe!! I want my makeup to look just like the video because I love it. Hmm.. some people have stopped me and said I resemble Leona. What do you think?
(Shoes; Aldo, Dress; H&M, Leather Jacket; Asos.com, Leggins; H&M)
4. I reunited with my Aldo shoes. I love these shoes and wore them for the second time in life this weekend! They actually didn't hurt as much as they did the first time.
the 1st time
(Shoes; Aldo, Dress; Asos.com)
The first time was sort of brutal. I love them because they are so tall and I love tall shoes! Wearing them this weekend was great. It was the first time I wore open toed shoes since last Summer! The weather was so nice that day. Now if only it would come back ... NY is cold right now.
5. I am a bridesmaid! My friend Danielle (see below) and her boyfriend Chris got engaged. I'm so happy for them. They are very cute together! The wedding is in October which is very soon so lots of planning to do and I'm going to help out. I'm happy she was able to find such a nice guy. I wonder what this bridesmaid dress is going to look like ... I guess we'll have to wait and see.